Monday, September 17, 2012

Desgning a Photograph

Like anything else, photographs are designed.  By that I mean that the photographer tells an interesting visual story that keeps the eye of the viewer traveling around the entire image.  Just as with every good design, all of the parts come together in one pleasing and stimulating whole image.  In each of my architectural and art photographs, I attempt to narrate a story that will both enhance my subject and capture my viewer.  These post office boxes are presented as a design of repeating forms with some wall detailing.  I especially like the signage as it compliments the antique look of the piece.




 Art genre: Sepia art photograph

Complimentary decor: Traditional, Colonial, Early American, Art Deco

Photography tip:Try composing on the diagonal with repeating forms for a more dynamic image.
Location:Main Post Office: 34th Street and 8th Avenue, NYC






No comments:

Post a Comment