Monday, August 13, 2012

Atget Revisited (Again & Again)

Influences are sometimes like wonderful photos that I carry around in my mind.  At any given moment I can call one up or it will pop into my head like a few bars of a favorite song.  Atget has been influencing my art photography for as long as I can remember.  Every once in a while, Atget will come along on a shoot with me.  The great photographer is more an influential presence than an actuality, of course, but his images are strongly imprinted on my artistic sensibilities.  On a recent walk around NYC, the Parisian master photographer "strolled along with me,"  pointing out composition, values, photographic possibilities.  My efforts to pay attention follow his shop window masterpiece.

The Master: Atget

NYC: 6th Avenue,  Downtown
NYC: Midtown
NYC: Union Square


No comments:

Post a Comment