Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Art of Architectural Photography 4-20-2014

There are wonders around every corner.  This is why photography is so appealing to so many people.  You have only to look and fascinating subjects will present themselves.  Perhaps a flower attracts your attention. Or a bird, cloud, rainbow.  Snap the shutter and it is yours to look at whenever you please. 
My passion has always been architecture.  I frequently stop to take photographs of buildings while I walk around.  A small camera is always with me for such moments.  Hurrying through the beautiful Gendarmenmarkt area of Berlin, I was on my way to a restaurant when I saw this imposing doorway.  The night light and shadows; artificial illumination; marvelous mix of stone and ornamental metal; and the see-through quality of the scene immediately captured me.  I paused to take several shots that will be reminders of a lovely evening in an alluring city.

Sepia photograph of architecture: Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin

For more about ornamental ironwork visit:
http://iceforge.com/library/?p=128http://iceforge.com/library/?p=128








  

No comments:

Post a Comment