Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Art of Architectural Photography 4-12-2015


Looking through the camera's lens, I often discern distortions, aberrations and abstractions.  These are marvelous because they spark my imagination. On a daily basis I look at the world as most people do: what is there, is there and I notice it as I pass by. The big things stand out and mostly the little ones are lost.  Although I am observant and do sometimes find the details, perhaps more than most people because that is my profession, I as everyone else, am rushing around to the next.  I miss many things in the process.  But they magically appear in the lens of my camera or in the images I download onto my computer screen.

Especially night photography produces many overlooked details a scene may have. I am not, per say a night photographer, but like many people I find darkness beautiful and mysterious.  I try to capture the mood and the ever elusive night time details once in awhile.  In this instance, I was going to an event near Central Park in NYC.  I had a tight time schedule and, of course I was rushing.  However, the bright, defused lights in the fretwork of bare tree branches in the Park captivated me.  Out came my walking-around, small Lumix and I began to shoot.  Through the lens I saw the powerful diagonal of light and reflection in the composition.  And when I downloaded the images, I discovered the spiderweb configuration of the branches.

Black and White Photography


Photographing a scene, building or what-have-you may provide captured forms and the finer points that go unnoticed as we hurry through life.

For more information visit:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/night-photography.htm
https://ia.net/know-how/learning-to-see

No comments:

Post a Comment