Friday, December 7, 2012

A Great Honor

Wednesday evening I had the great honor of being elected as a Governor of the General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen of the City of New York.  The General Society has been an institution in NYC since 1785 when several tradesmen initiated an organization to help trades-people and their families during times of need.  Today, the General Society hosts a magnificent library and a tuition free school: the Mechanics Institute where students can receive an education that is unparallelled in such subjects as preservation, HVAC and Electrical Technology.  The John M. Mossman Lock Collection Museum and the  marvelous Artisan Lecture Series are also a part of the General Society which offers much to make NYC the great city it is.



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ellen! Scott and I send our best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ellen it is wonderful to know someone who cares about the trades and education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I deeply care about the trades. My first job was as draftsman. I did electrical, HVAC, construction design, and shop drawings. Education is one my my top priorities.

    ReplyDelete