Monday, January 7, 2013

Influences: Man Ray

I have always been inspired by artists who Push the Envelop.  The art may not always be a genre that appeals to me personally, but I admire the chances/ risks taken.  Man Ray was decidedly a Risk Taker.  Ray lived and created art at a time when a great many artists were manipulating traditional art to put their own new take on it: the early 20th century.  Architects, photographers, composers, writers and painters were stylizing their art to modernize and revolutionize the accepted approaches.  Man Ray incorporated new elements into his photography.  He changed the way people thought of the medium to originate his own unique art photographs.  I take inspiration from Man Ray in that I try to create photographs that are individually mine and that offer the viewer an original way of seeing. www.ellenfisch.com

Man Ray: Le Violon d'Ingres, 1924

Man Ray: Untitled, 1932
Man Ray: Rayograph, 1934

Man Ray: Homme, 1912

No comments:

Post a Comment