Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wonderful Class

Last night I had the good fortune to teach a wonderful group of professional and hobbyist photographers at Berger Bros. Center for Photographic Art in Huntington LI.  The physical space is marvelous for classes/workshops/studio work and Berger Bros. promotes all manner of education for photographers in addition to selling all camera equipment for any level of photographic needs. 
My audience was a very receptive group of photography enthusiasts and I learned a lot from them.  I find that in passing along information, I always gain valuable insights.  Some subjects we touched on were: digital vs film; focal length compensation; noise; white balance; post production manipulation including cropping.  I was glad to share photographs of my upcoming architectural art exhibit: "Park Slope/Prospect Park."  I welcomed the excellent and relevant feedback from the audience. www.ellenfisch.com

Park Slope: Brooklyn, NY  

 Black And White Architectural Photograph with Color.

Park Slope: Brooklyn, NY

Black and White Architectural Photograph.

Prospect Park: Brooklyn, NY
Sepia Architectural Photograph.

2 comments:

  1. I was one of the lucky ones to spend two most inspiring hours with you last night! (The last row on your right, the Queen of cropping :) I visited your dotcom pages this morning and what captures me most is the detail and color, the dreamlike feeling of the cities. I have a lot of similar photos (not posted in my blog), but no means even close to yours! It makes me now seriously think to put them together and open a new blog for photos only. Right now I participate on several little groups in blog, quick takes of a given topic. The time and detail you put into your pictures is unbelievable marvelous. Thank you! You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for attending and for your very kind words. Your blog is beautiful! I love the photography and your words are quite moving. I hope to see you again. Thanks for the cropping suggestions!

    ReplyDelete