Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chelsea Market

I had never been to Chelsea Market before.  Completed in 1997, Chelsea Market has become a meeting destination for numerous New Yorkers and tourists.  Although I visited Chelsea numerous times for art exhibits, to photograph landmark buildings and to walk the High Line, I never ventured to the fabulous food court/ shopping area located in the old National Biscuit Company factory: home of Oreo cookies.  A lovely and talented young artist friend who attends SVA invited me to Chelsea Market for lunch a few weeks ago.  I was struck by the wonderful use of old machinery and industrial equipment as decor for the au courant dining establishments; shops and great get-together indoor spaces.

Chelsea Market Decor



Art genre: Sepia art photograph

Complimentary decor: Modern, Eclectic


Photography tip: Look for contrasts.  Edges can be sharpened or softened in post production.

Location: Chelsea Market: Chelsea, NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment