Monday, October 1, 2012

Recalling Wonderful

In March 2011, I had the good fortune to travel to Australia and New Zealand accompanied by my cameras and various lenses.  It was a wonderful trip!  I wandered around Sydney, Auckland and Queenstown under sunny skies for two magical weeks.  I came home with 6,000 pix and lots of memories.  Here is one of them:

I was walking down Market Street in Sydney, looking for a coffee bar and a bit of breakfast.  Suddenly there appeared one of the most gorgeous buildings I have ever seen: the Queen Victoria Building.  Created by the architect George McRae in the Romanesque Revival style, the magnificent building was erected between 1893- 1898.  Floors of stunning architectural detail and design, the Queen Victoria pays homage to its namesake in the most spectacular of ways: beauty, timelessness, elegance, quality/ excellence of craftmanship.  Beaskfast forgotten, I spent 4 hours photographing everything in sight!

Queen Victoria Building: Sydney, Australia


Art genre: Black & White architectural detail photograph


Complimentary decor: Any

Photography tip: Let the themes, in this case the orbs of light, guide the eye around the photograph.

Location: Market Street: Sydney, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment