Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sydney

Traveling to Australia in the spring of 2011 required tat I capture as many photo images as possible because I didn't know when I would be back.  Good advice was given to me a while ago by a photographer friend who makes his living journeying from one place to the next in search of memorable pix to share with magazine readers from all parts of the world.  "When you see something that you want to remember with a photo, pause before shooting to embed the memory in your mind as well as on your camera card."  Here I stood in Sydney Harbor, a very iconic place.  For a long time, I looked at my surroundings.  Of course, I was ever watchful of the light!  I shot the Sydney Harbor Bridge many different ways, but always tried to get as many memories into the frame as possible.  In this photograph, I captured what the place felt like to me.

View of Sydney Harbor

Art genre: Sepia art photograph

Complimentary decor: Traditional, Art Deco

Photography tip: Capture different elements of a place into the shot.  For example, the palm trees; bridge; stone wall embankment & railing; boat that characterizes the harbor; shore beyond.  Incorporate the elements into a pleasing composition and placeprint.  A placeprint is a memory of a place that recalls the feeling of when you where there (or perhaps of your desire to go there).
 
Location: Sydney Harbor: Sydney, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment